Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 1378 times)

AbeCross

What are you reading?
« on: July 30, 2014, 10:10:39 AM »
Couldn't think of an appropriate place for this.  But I am interested in books, good books, bad books, fiction, non-fiction.  Unfortunately so few people read that I come into contact with on a daily basis, it's necessary to to discuss books primarily online.

Currently reading: Joseph Campbell "Hero with a Thousand Faces". Of course a classic, I had never read it before. The topics can become heavy but Joseph makes sure it's never anything less than a total joy to delve into the heroes of ancient myth, from Buddha, Christ, Krishna, Odysseus, and more that you will have heard of, to obscure tales from tribal cultures. I'm trying to get a better handle on the underlying messages behind our most common myths to help myself personally extract the most good from my readings of religious texts....I'm supplementing this with listening to an audiobook of Philip K Dick's "Exegesis" and we're only a few hours in and he's already homebrewing anti-psychotic medication, so this should be an interesting listen!!!

Offline SteveM

• Global Moderator
  • Acolyte
    • View Profile
Re: What are you reading?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 05:49:43 AM »
Not reading too much lately, except for online stuff due to my own book...

That and having started another, takes up a lot of time  :)

Offline ZEPHYR

• Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 05:44:34 PM »
What are you writing about, SteveM?

Offline SteveM

• Global Moderator
  • Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 06:34:05 AM »
I'm actually turning one of my dreams into a full on story..

It's called "The Bog Baby" and it's about this strange baby sized/shaped creature with tiny glossy black eyes that lives and squeals/screams in a muddy bog under a tree which is on the outskirts of a small village..

:o