Author Topic: Possession discussion  (Read 1395 times)

Offline MegaMan

• Tripper
    • View Profile
Possession discussion
« on: July 23, 2014, 08:57:59 PM »
I had an indepth discussion with the spirit science group Im in and wanted some input on demonic possession. I believe that I might be possessed by a demon of addiction. This goes for all aspects of my life(sex,drugs,work,hobbys). Diabolic confusion and feelings of hate and anger will come over me sometimes. Also, my mind races and its hard for me to consentrate, I pace alot as well. What are your opinions on this, could it be all in my mind or is their real evil in me?
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 6)

Offline sutehk

• Sethian
    • View Profile
Re: Possession discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 12:55:16 AM »
  I think you're young, that's why you pace a lot.  Also, I don't think you have any idea what possession really is, or the mental disorders associated with assuming one is possessed.  Besides being young, with no doubt uncounted bad karma that you're swimming through, the weight of the dead on your shoulders, you probably have a very low threshold for reality.  At the same time I doubt you have any idea of being in the Aether, or in any state that isn't altered by chemical, no idea of ritual, no sanctum sanctorum, just a hole to hide in and call 'home.'  Again, I am assuming, but I am also assuming I'm not far off the mark.  You being the mark.

Offline MegaMan

• Tripper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 01:03:55 AM »
I appreciate your output. I still learning alot about these things and myself.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 6)

Offline Neph

• Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 02:27:31 AM »
I think its a matter of semantics, the word "demon" is admittedly very broad. You should probably consider whos telling you this and their motives, which i believe you'll find to be something along the lines of a surrender. Looking at an "addiction" this way would be to refute your role in its reality and ultimately proclaim yourself to be weak. Naturally weaklings need someone stronger to protect them, before you know it you will be holding onto Jesus' belt loop never making eye contact and sitting down to pee.

These authorities or those working with you under the hold of authority are really very happy to facilitate and nurture your feeling of helplessness. You being unable to function without them is their livelihood. This is why step one is admitting you are powerless. Powerless you are the moment you convince yourself you have none.

A demon the way I define them is something "supernatural", or defying explanation. Very malevelant with an intelligence and power beyond human. Something that can become very real in even a physical way. Possession is not something I claim to know much about because I keep a tight grip on the wheel of my ship. I would not hand it over so easily. Willpower is something that plays a major role here.

Jung described demons as autonomous complexes, that is to say some part of ourselves we have rejected and seperated from ourselves that take on an existence of their own.These fragments begin to identify with deeper subconcious broken archetypes of sorts and become very real.I find it hard not to lean toward forces transcending or even existing outside of ourselves not playing a part especially with certain catalysts. A demon can be corrosive to your existence, seemingly evil but that is a matter of perspective. When overcome its usually discovered to have been a blessing.

You may feel like this applies to your situation but from what I can tell it is totally concious, something you are completely aware of. You are so actively and conciously trying to seperate not yourself but the culpability from yourself.  You have left yourself so dilluted what would there be to possess? Know what you want and who you are, you are likely doing what you desire to do... the problem you have is you are too busy listening to them as if they know you better than you do. Makes me think of that song, head like a hole.

"bow down before the one you serve, your going to get what you deserve"

learn what they want to hear, the cues they look for. nod your head and agree, tell them how powerless you are. do the motions, talk the talk. but for gods sake dont buy into it. the only problem you have is not having self discipline, not outsmarting some hiveminded parasitic sheep. seriously? learn from yourself not from them...all they will teach you is to stay in prison holdin onto belt loops.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:41:00 AM by Neph »

Offline MegaMan

• Tripper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 01:09:03 PM »
Thank you for this information. My reality has been suppressed for a long time now and Im just now stepping out of my box. This is critical for me , I feel as though this os a new phase of my life and I truely am greatful for that. Trying very hard to feel again. Thanks again and if anyone has a different view point on this, please by all means express it.