Author Topic: ello ello ello? Is there an introduce yourself thread?  (Read 3162 times)

AbeCross

ello ello ello? Is there an introduce yourself thread?
« on: July 22, 2014, 06:00:39 PM »
I couldn't find an introduce yourself type thread, so might as well put one here. 
My name is JJ, I am in my early 30's, live in NY, currently returning to college after being laid off from my fancy corporate job. Topics pertaining to this board I am into: Egyptology, ancient archaeology, Meditation/Yoga/Esoteric religious practices, psychedelicism, governmental/political conspiracies (not too into the way out there ones though, sorry).  hmmmm not much more to tell.... I play guitar in heavy band influenced by Discharge and Black Sabbath and am a vegetarian in case anyone is wondering =)

Offline Ulatek

• Sr. Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ello ello ello? Is there an introduce yourself thread?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 07:21:53 PM »
aha! thanks I knew I was forgetting something.An introduce yourself board and I'm thinking a place for suggestions.
Glad your here JJ.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:47:40 AM by Ulatek »

AbeCross

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:37:56 AM »
Thanks, glad to be here! 

Offline ZEPHYR

• Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 03:49:56 PM »
Hello, JJ.  I'm Lee.  I'm older than dirt.  I have delved into lots of subjects over the years.  Nothing supernatural has surfaced, but there are curiosities.  I have practiced dowsing somewhat successfully and have dabbled in controlled remote viewing.  I'm not professionally stellar at either, but know some success.  I own a crystal ball and a tarot deck, but they are just that ... possessions.  Neither have led me anywhere.  In my long life, I've had very little to show for anything beyond the normal, everyday happenings.  I don't hope for them.  However, if they occur, I'd like to know.  I've never seen a UFO or a ghost.  Never seen a demon or an angel.  But I'm openminded.

Offline SteveM

• Global Moderator
  • Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 04:11:19 PM »
Hi Zephyr

Welcome aboard  :)
I hope you will find things of interest here, and remember, ir's not always about personal experiences :)  More to do with keeping an open mind and expanding it :)

AbeCross

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 09:52:13 AM »
Hello lee! Welcome aboard!

I have never tried dowsing but it sounds so interesting to me! Ancient people were in tune with the Earth in ways that we haven't begun to understand yet. Please post more about your successes on the appropriate boards!

Offline SteveM

• Global Moderator
  • Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 01:55:34 PM »
I liie dowsing.. have tried it a few times..
Have not really gotten into too deeply.. some people use rods.. i use a pendulum, although i can use rods..

Offline Yoth

• Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 06:12:07 PM »
I like the idea of turning oneself into a dowsing rod. I, when looking for keys the remote etc tend to fell like i become one myself. I will just stand up, calm my mind  and usually will find myself just gravitating/attracting myself to what i am looking for. If it is anywhere near i find myself the majority of the time immediately moving in the right direction.  I have also tried dowsing rods a few times in my life with moderate success.

I also feel that sometimes shit just appears/disappears randomly via "vorpal pockets".. that's the best name i can come up with for them. I have often been trying to find something and will, when gravitating towards such, get the feeling as though when i find it there that it shouldn't/wasn't  there, almost as if it had gravitated/attracted itself to me from the opposite end of the spectrum if you get what i'm saying. I have many times lost things, such as a lighter that seems lost forever from a place i know for sure it was... only to have it appear 5 minutes 5 hours even 5 months later in the exact same spot even if that spot is somewhere i am constantly looking like on a table top in front of the couch. Ulatek and I have discussed this somewhat in the past. Very rarely do these things disappear for good.. i almost always seem to at some point in my life, usually right when i need it, recover these things however there have been a very few occasions, particularly two that i can immediately recall, in which iI have yet to be re-united with the "gone gone far away but closer than they appear" items.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:26:38 AM by Yoth »
Beautiful as it can be, This is not the world which was created for you. It is but a small part of that, one which was given to another for a short time. I do not agree with any of which it has become. CxB

Adrianna

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 02:20:37 PM »
Hello.

I'm Adrianna. I followed a rabbit down a rabbit hole and ended up here. Not exactly sure what I'm doing, but this does seem like a good place for introduction to new ideas and new mindsets.

I like art and drawing; I'm ok at it. I'm hoping to find inspiration to further my skills. I noticed the thread regarding art was empty. Perhaps I'll work on adding stuff.

Offline SteveM

• Global Moderator
  • Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 02:47:08 PM »
That would be great Adrianna..

..and welcome to the forum..

talking of art, you might like a little something I've written about
http://forums.smokeymirror.net/index.php/topic,70.0.html

Offline Ulatek

• Sr. Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 05:21:26 PM »
Hello Adrinanna, would love to see your work. And I am glad you landed here.  :D

Offline niko nikad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 11:26:14 AM »
Hi,
I m into western magick, meditation, kabalah... and similar fun stuff. I can be skeptic, also i  like to give a chance and consideration to new and interesting ideas and concepts. I believe there is intelligent life out there somewhere, it could even be on earth :P English is not my first language so dont go grammar nazi on me.

Offline SteveM

• Global Moderator
  • Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 12:48:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum Niko and don't worry, we wont be scrutinizing your english abilities  :)