Poll

How many mystical experiences have you had?

Never.
1 (20%)
Once or twice.
0 (0%)
A few times.  (3+)
3 (60%)
More than 10 times.
1 (20%)
I'm having one right now.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: How many mystical experiences have you had?  (Read 1598 times)

AbeCross

How many mystical experiences have you had?
« on: July 22, 2014, 05:40:18 PM »
Self-explanatory.  It's hard to say how many I have had, there were certainly experiences that felt "mystical" in that they were extreme cases of synchronicity, or experiences on psychedelic compounds that seemed appropriate to qualify. And in meditation or yoga, closing your eyes and seeing flashing lights can be common..so I'd say I have had only a few mystical xp (3+)

Offline Ulatek

• Sr. Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How many mystical experiences have you had?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 05:59:36 AM »
Ive had plenty I could call mystical experiences. But really when I think of the term I want to boil it down to 3 revelatory,lifechanging experiences. The most beneficial being the one that appeared to be the most horrible at the time. The type of thing you cannot look back from.

Offline WallHaxx

• I subsist on a diet of pyramids and lasers
    • View Profile
    • WallHaxx.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:36:16 PM »
I started meditating about a year ago, and I'm now learning some reiki techniques and I've gotten very good at controlling the flow of energy in and around my body. I can trigger full body ASMR in the span of one or two deep breaths. I've also had some interesting results with sensing for object with my hands. (dowsing,psychometry)
I've had a few experiences with psychedelics, almost all of which occurred before my 'awakening'. I think my sober(with the exception of cannabis, which I find quite helpful) experiments with consciousness have been more transformational. That's not to say I don't want to use them(I want to even more now that I am awake) It can just feel like cheating. Hacking. I guess it doesn't matter if you know how to use them because the hardest thing about altering your consciousness is getting there the first time. It gets easier every time. Mushrooms, LSD, DMT. They are like crowbars. Once you smash the lock, you can get back in a lot easier. That being said I want to have a good number of mushroom sessions, a few DMT experiences, and at least one ayahuasca session. (Terrence and Graham are bad role models... lol jk)
WallHaxx.com

Offline Neph

• Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 12:22:44 AM »
I think any experience can be mystical if fully experienced

AbeCross

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 10:01:59 PM »
Good point and possibly this poll is indicative more of a mindset than anything else. The Kingdom of Heaven IS inside of all of us and all it takes is that realization at certain moments and we can experience the Universe/Creator/Whathaveyou in totality while going to the bank or simply sitting and looking out the window. 

Offline WallHaxx

• I subsist on a diet of pyramids and lasers
    • View Profile
    • WallHaxx.com
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 01:58:36 PM »
^This. I have gotten to this stage of having random surges of divine energy whilst doing ordinary day to day things. I've been drinking all my water from a glass with a big chunk of amethyst in it for months now. I think it really has increased the openness of my crown at any given moment.
WallHaxx.com

Offline ZEPHYR

• Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 02:36:22 PM »
I don't find it 'mystical,' but I've had good success with dowsing.  Located an aquifier flowing on our property, then during heavy-rainfall period, a spring opened up and has flowed gently all summer.  I've dowsed and have succeeded greater than chance.  Stranger asked to be located on a trip in the future and I was able to dowse where he would arrive at a point in the U.S., down to the street.  Dabbled in Remote Viewing with some success.  Never was able to afford hefty fees and travel the professionals required to train though. 
Have had some success with having hubby place an object in a chair in another room and identify it.  Same with friend holding object while on phone with me.  Hard to get participation for this though.  Nobody is interested.
Have had 'maybe' one case of astral projection, but not certain because no way to verify.