Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis  (Read 1358 times)

Offline ZEPHYR

• Acolyte
    • View Profile
Sleep Paralysis
« on: July 20, 2014, 09:25:22 PM »
I have experienced sleep paralysis once in my very long life.  While in this state, I obviously was unable to move.  I viewed a dark shadow with no features, with it's hands around my neck.  It appeared to be trying to strangle me.  Upon recovering my movement, this went away.  It was quite terrifying.  I never want to experience it again.

FilthiestBuckle

Re: Sleep Paralysis
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 11:14:54 PM »
My most vivid memory happened when I was a child. I absolutely knew there was a being in that room, I knew exactly where it was located, the air was thick, and I remember feeling a giant weight in my chest. I desperately wanted to yell out for help or run as fast as I possibly could. That trapped in terror feeling I will never forget but it was also an absolute truth in my world at that age that something not human was there with me.

Offline sutehk

• Sethian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 07:42:32 PM »
   I have had sleep paralysis attacks multiple times in my 20's, on occasion I still do, if I lay on my back and if I sleep on the couch.  It begins with a humming, I picture a little girl in a blue dress like a small Alice in Wonderland.  When I hear that humming I become terrified, it's like certain endorphins are released and I can't help but become afraid.  There is a hooded shadow in the corner of the room, it makes me look at it.  I have tried to avert my gaze, but my head is pulled in its direction.  Once I thought to attack it, I happened to have a saber next to my couch.  I got it, got up and walked over to the shadow and raised the saber, then blinked and realized I hadn't moved.  It's like it let me hallucinate this in order to say, 'Stop fighting, this will do you no good.'  It sucks the energy from me, the fear produces certain endorphines, and it's like this shadow feeds on them.  I feel very drained afterwords.  I researched the esoteric and especially the left-handed path back then, and I feel this thing was drawn to me because of that.  If you research sleep paralysis, it says that it happens mostly in your 20's and that it could well begin in your teens, but by the time you are 30, the attacks will lessen and eventually stop.  Still, I never looked forward to these attacks, I was wide awake and not hallucinating.  To me, this happened, this was reality, and so it holds true for me. 

Offline Ulatek

• Sr. Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 11:18:11 PM »
I ve also experienced sleep paralysis, and I believe it was just the beginning of a chain of much stranger events. I think the fact that even in the medical literature shared experiences are common and sleep paralysis seems to occur geographically as well as chronologically.

FilthiestBuckle

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 12:59:59 PM »
I'm curious if anyone has ever had the sensation of floating? My brother used to have these horrible dreams, he'd wake up and he said he'd be against the ceiling, shaking, and paralyzed. His girlfriend said his eyes would be wide open and his breathing shallow.

Offline Ulatek

• Sr. Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 12:46:04 PM »
OBEs (out of body experiences) are quite common with sleep paralysis,actually.