Author Topic: Mask  (Read 1051 times)

Adrianna

Mask
« on: August 23, 2014, 03:50:11 PM »
This is my latest project.
A friend found a palm tree husk and was running around using it as a mask. It really reminded everyone of a horse or antelope. I suggested with a little paint it could look sort of tribal. He asked if I would work on it.

I've been wanting to experiment with wood burning; this was the perfect project for that. The black area are where I did the wood burning, then I highlighted with white paint. When I was finished with the mask part I was trying to think of what to use for antler part. The more I looked at it though, the more it looked like a lion. Finally, I found some dried palm leaves and realized they would be perfect.

I couldn't figure out how to upload the image so it wasn't sideways. Just right click and view image to see it normally. *fixed -Ulatek

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:16:04 AM by Ulatek »

Offline Ulatek

• Sr. Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mask
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 12:15:12 AM »
Nice,I love it. Its beautiful but there is something creepy about it (which makes it better) to me. It makes me think of cannibals..lol
Awesome piece of art , thanks for posting it.

Uploaded it to our gallery which members can use as well (link at top).I used the bbcode image tag to show it in your post as opposed to having it as an attachment, and fixed it being sideways. Hope you dont mind

Code: [Select]
[img]http://forums.smokeymirror.net/gallery/1_25_08_14_12_03_43.jpeg[/img]
See this post on how to use bbcode if you are interested. You can do quite a bit with it and its fairly simple.

Offline SteveM

• Global Moderator
  • Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 06:19:40 AM »
Very nice indeed.

the colours work welland it has a natural, tribal feel about it as though it was arranged for some ancient secret ritual..

Adrianna

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 02:36:46 PM »
Ulatek, thanks for the fix!

I'll have to practice with the bbcod in my next artwork post.  ;D